Each year, the Show brings together more than 100 U.S. and international artisans and dealers, including a number of I.G.M.A. Artisans and Fellows. They offer collectors unique, well-crafted 1-inch, 1/2-inch, and 1/4-inch scale miniatures from around the world.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

At the Show: Exhibits

This week we are sharing two unique and imaginative miniature displays in the smaller scales. The first one is "Southwest Comfort" and was designed by Linda Skipper, Santa Clara, CA.  The second is "Modern Townhouse" and was made by Karen Thompson with the San Francisco Miniacs Club. Photos courtesy of Connie Sauve, Exhibit Chairman.

"Southwest Comfort" is in a mirrored glass box," Linda Skipper explains. "You can see in all three sides and the top. The mirror is at the back."  The exhibit is in quarter-scale. The box holding the house is 13-1/4 inches wide, 8-inches deep, and 9-inches high.





The "Modern Townhouse" was originally a CD holder. I got it at the Silent Auction at the Pot Luck last year," Karen Thompson tells us. "As soon as I saw it, I knew it had to be my dream townhouse. The sort of place I'd want if I was rich enough to live in New York City. Hope you like it." The exhibit is one-half inch scale. It is 9-inches wide, 9-inches deep, and 24 inches tall.


No comments:

Post a Comment