Each year, the Show brings together more than 100 U.S. and international artisans and dealers, including a number of I.G.M.A. Artisans and Fellows. They offer collectors unique, well-crafted 1-inch, 1/2-inch, and 1/4-inch scale miniatures from around the world.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

At the Show - Metalwork

Alan Hamer is an IGMA Fellow in metalwork. He makes a wide range of 1:12 scale fully functional pedal cars with working steering and pedals.  He also designs gates, fireplace tools, children's toys and more. "In 2013 we will move to Europe," Alan tells us. "I look forward to making minis of the things I see in rural France." scalemetal@msn.com

Vintage white convertible pedal car with working steering and pedals. Fully functional.
Fully functional black hearse with working steering and pedals.
Collection of fully functional pedal cars with working steering and pedals.
Items on Alan Hamer's table. Photo taken on the floor of the 2012 Show.
New for the 2013 Show, a metal Steampunk bird cage.

To see more of Alan Hamer's metalwork, go here.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm Sae Nakagawa from Japan!!
    I became a fan of you since I saw your miniature works on Chicago show.I often make miniature made of metal, So I love your detail !!
    I look forward to seeing you again :^)

    ReplyDelete