Each year, the Show brings together more than 100 U.S. and international artisans and dealers, including a number of I.G.M.A. Artisans and Fellows. They offer collectors unique, well-crafted 1-inch, 1/2-inch, and 1/4-inch scale miniatures from around the world.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

At the Show - Exhibits

This week's exhibits are two charming--very small--structures in 1:12 scale that were displayed at the 2012 Good Sam Show. They serve to remind us that sometimes the best things come in small packages. Special thanks to Connie Sauve, Good Sam Exhibit Chairman, for the photographs shown here.

"Le Boulangerie" is a small shop by Polly Morris, Oakland Hills, CA. "My three friends (Melissa, Nancy and Rhona) all made versions of this Boulangerie. And, eventually, so did I. All of the bakery items and the flock of pigeons were made by me. I tried to get a first-thing-in-the-morning feeling, when everything is set out for the day."






"The Hen House structure is the Tudor Loo that I made in a Rik Pierce workshop," says Nancy Wantiez, Hayward, CA. "I decided to turn it in a Hen House as I love chickens and animals in general. Mary Hoot made the chickens. The fox was purchased at Shellie's Miniature Mania in San Carlos, CA. I have been doing minis for about fifteen years."




This photo is courtesy of Nancy Wantiez.

No comments:

Post a Comment